Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies│Crispy yet Chewy



Hello hello hello
I know it's a bit late for this post and I've been away for like way too long.
I baked this on the 25th December 2015 which is Christmas. Yeah, I spent my Christmas baking the entire day, enjoying the process and all.

*If you realize, I'd set the date for this post all the way back to 25th. Heh I know I cheated*

This chocolate chip cookies was requested by my 'tamchiak' sister (hahah) who is officially back from KL to Penang for like a month?! then she'll fly to Singapore for gosh, I don't know how long.

and since my baking mood is back, why not?
I was also craving for my chocolate chip cookies already la actually. Hehe

The first few times I baked chocolate chip cookies, I made it crispy like the ones they sell in Famous Amos (literally okay) Many who tasted it also agreed. Hah 
but it's different this time cause the other week when my sister and I went down to Singapore, we ate Marks & Spencer chocolate chip cookies and it's actually crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. The most captivating thing about the cookie was not the chewy part but the moist and melting chocolate chip on the inside, so good I tell you.

So yeah, this time I decided to bake something similar like that. 

First, prepare the ingredients.

Ingredients :
  • 2 cups All-purpose Flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 3/4 cup Unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup Packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup White sugar
  • 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Eggyolk
  • 2 cups Semisweet chocolate chip (to have the melting texture I mentioned, get good quality)
*I mistakenly bought 'not-so-good' quality chocolate chip so turns up, there's no melting chocolate chip on the inside* Sigh...


Of course, you'll need the tools and materials too

Yeah, that should be about all you need to have

Let's begin!

Directions :

1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.




2) In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.





3) Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.





4) Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.








5) Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.




6) Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.




7) Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets.


8) Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. (I made mine smaller in order to have more cookies in one batch) 


9) Bake for 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted.



10) Put aside to let it cool down before placing it in a cookie jar or perhaps you may enjoy while it's still hot and fresh. 



11) Take out your camera and start shooting. Heh







Tasting Section
The cookies were as predicted, crispy yet chewy. However, if you leave the cookies out until its fully cooled, it will turn to crispy only. (To get the chewy part, once the heat has cool down, put it in the cookie jar instantly)
The chocolate chip is not melting on the inside as I'd mentioned cause I did not used quality chocolate chips.

Flaws
- Chocolate chip doesn't melt on the inside.
- Not exactly the same like Marks & Spencer's. (The cookie dough should do larger in size)

Other than that, it's all great and tummy-licious. Add on to that, it's definitely smells awesome.


Have a try on this recipe and hope that you'll love it as I do.

BON APPETIT !!
 and a very
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...